Round table of women who use FOSS with an interest in civil society issues

Poornima N Ramakrishna nila_r2000 at 64B8VAoE3h5QtdQJ2FmYnjQ7_OXTPtskUC5QTagXtdhubwp4r3Wcaigqzt1dSco6iaIOqWVldWTW2g.yahoo.invalid
Tue Jun 27 10:11:32 UTC 2006

Hi,

I work with Mahiti, a Bangalore based organisation that aims to reduce
the cost and complexity of Information Technology through the
strategic use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS). More at
http://www.mahiti.org/

I am writing this on behalf of Hivos, the Humanist Institute for
Cooperation with Developing Countries, an NGO from Netherlands which
works on among other things, civil society building, economic activity
and sustainable production. You can read more about Hivos at the
following link:
http://www.hivos.nl/english/english/about_hivos/short_introduction

Hivos is presently organising a round table of women who use FOSS and
have an interest in civil society issues. The round table will look to
open a discussion on the strategies to increase participation of women
in the open source movement as also to create an active group of
participants who will spearhead the activities in India.....

We were hoping you would be interested in joining us and sharing your
views on the subject.

Do get in touch with me at poornima at H1Nfq2EKlwkKQsdQkbxfqZBa6i-Kub29JScYC4p0srF1NRG1B7w3YoUgDdKA-TAydFhwipQL3BtWkdx18w.yahoo.invalid or on 93425 02862 if
this interests you.

With Warm Regards,
Poornima N Ramakrishna
Projects Manager,