YouOS: AJAX based OS that runs as a web app.

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at pkkv4HR4WcBdrWNh4pTQlc_uxUKqq6fsCEmPC84U1qnuiRvyEllP_voGZiMgo4rXqwQV8-AhViWN4Ew.yahoo.invalid
Thu Jun 8 23:02:37 UTC 2006

YouOS is a web operating system that lets you run diverse applications
within a web browser. Small applications like sticky notes or clocks.
Large applications like word processing, mp3 players, and instant
messaging. Even better, it's very easy to tweak an existing
application or write your own.
http://www.youos.com/html/static/manifesto/what.html

The core developers are four Computer Science students from Stanford,
Caltech and MIT (http://www.youos.com/html/static/team.html).
However there are lots of contributions from the volunteer
community...esp. the applications. Applications can also be rated on a
1 to 5 star scale.
Files are not stored in directories but are tagged.

Unlike MS live, where u wait for an invitation...here the system
generated a password for the desired username and depending on how
busy the server is...you might get in early or wait for a long time.
the password did come in my mailbox soon...although they suggest to
wait for 20 mins. and if no mail then write to some mail
address....it's there.

So since I did get a peek at the OS i uploaded some screenshots under
the tag youos on flickr
(http://flickr.com/photos/dpreacher/tags/youos). You could also check
out all photos tagged youos at http://flickr.com/photos/tags/youos

Do tag your uploaded screenshots as youos so all of us can follow.

Have a nice tag. ;)
--
Diabolic Preacher
As Is