SVG and canvas...confusingly similar yet definitely different.

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at FkPgYJkKXPRsJfuA7Ro3iHsLFwcwg9P0xiYGPep3Jkqr3Qn0Tbe3JhENcyw42BChiHTvp3umFOh7mGo.yahoo.invalid
Mon Jun 5 20:26:09 UTC 2006

I recently wrote a journal entry complimenting my talk on inkscape
last ilug-goa meet here(http://pintooo15.livejournal.com/56226.html)
and so far till now when I'd wrote or talked about SVG or canvas I had
the idea that Firefox supported SVG because of canvas...but it looks
like that is a bad misconception (yeah misconceptions are bad).
However the good that came out of it...as you would see from the
comments below the article is that.
1. one of the anonymous comments clarifies that they both are
different and also gave a link
(http://people.mozilla.com/~vladimir/xtech2006/) it's a presentation
done using s5 system (http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/tools/s5/) and
illustrates the differences very nicely.

2. the other comment has a link to a huge repository of links to SVG
related sites. (http://svg.startpagina.nl)

HTH

--
Diabolic Preacher