[Indianlc] pdf trouble

Diabolic Preacher pintooo15 at _ZDDJG4Wccj-MITp4La886VJdkhknebKfjOHSJc2i1kNnv_iSGAJqyfdplQzDTVN9FOgJuuErX3Y.yahoo.invalid
Fri Jan 20 14:10:48 UTC 2006

On 1/20/06, Nishita Desai <nish.des at 4lVoN4Zka2eMdyvUFPaQ4a4hJyKDM1JTzFEAd8ZG67gSYcvIQq4nk3ysOOduwM3LJfmWcHjNDeTD8ytXcg.yahoo.invalid> wrote:
> Hi there,
>  Sorry if this does not exactly fall under linux stuff.
> I got a CD with a few very important pdfs. However, kpdf and
> kghostview refuse to open it because they detect the mime type to be
> application/octet-stream instead of application/pdf.

any particular URL's? or just any PDF saved though the browser? I
suppose you can save the PDF to your disk instead of opening it. Most
browsers have applications associated with mime types...in some cases,
the browser itself. You might try disabling the option of opening the
file but just keep it to saving the file on disk i.e. don't let the
browser bother about deciding whether to save/open...just make sure it
prompts you to "save to disk" only.
However if you've already done all this, try taking some PDF's from
some offline sources or PDF's which you had opened earlier with the
application, either through the GUI of the app or the xterm and tell
if the problem persists.

HTH...in some way. :)

--
Diabolic Preacher