Linux chix india Website

Diya Saxena funnyprogramer at jZWA3h8I_d2dsywPUlf2i-kP25b_ZPbDOWm6lXiY69LB8yD-fCEzl5_mxvAAKigElue2WeXr8zFS0UPid1FUuA.yahoo.invalid
Thu Feb 9 06:49:23 UTC 2006

Hi Pooja

> >> Can we have a way to upload the files.
> > coz allowing only a few to upload the files may not be inviting to
new
> > people.
> >

> Giving access to everybody on the website space is dangerous. The
> motive behind giving limited access is to have few people who can
> monitor the content and keep it updated. And that group of trusted
> people can grow with time.

Well first thing, I am a total novice when it comes to web designing
or web hosting. But still I have a doubt. How come other sites such as
tldp allow users to upload file. here upload means i have a copy of
the file, from the website i can browse and point to my document and
it gets uploaded and a link is created in the documents section. Is
that not possible to get done without security problem?

Thanks