[Indianlc] Asterisk India

VaibhaV Sharma vaibhav at VuQ-wSuJ_AEUiu8hLm_V0ckqMorCA15u5d1GzXb3Vii_PP9tPM8Ukqar9oG_LkKgBNmfI_Ycr1OgdgH0SNRMlBU.yahoo.invalid
Mon Feb 6 23:17:04 UTC 2006

VaibhaV Sharma wrote:

> Hello,
> I recently started the Asterisk-India user group and thought that a few
> "Linux Chix" from India might be interested in joining.

> Website (useless as of now) - http://asterisk.org.in OR http://iax.in
>
> What is Asterisk?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asterisk_PBX

Gah! All that description was gibberish'ed thanks to my copy/pasting.
The text again -

Asterisk is a free software / open-source software implementation of a
telephone private branch exchange (PBX). Like any PBX, it allows a
number of attached telephones to make calls to one another, and to
connect to other telephone services including the PSTN. "Its name comes
from the asterisk symbol, *, which in Unix (including Linux) and DOS
environments represents a wildcard, matching any filename."

Asterisk is released under a free software license: the GNU General
Public License (GPL). Mark Spencer of Digium originally created Asterisk
and remains its primary maintainer; dozens of other programmers have
contributed features and functionality and have reported bugs.
Originally designed for the Linux operating system, Asterisk now also
runs on OpenBSD, FreeBSD, Mac OS X, Sun Solaris, and Microsoft Windows,
although as the "native" platform, Linux is the best-supported of these.

--
VaibhaV
http://vsharma.net