Good news from Uganda...

Frederick Noronha (FN) fred at Y6CcPkZIiaeDzJH5OxMp9oGmbV5lyKcYmr6EHd0rR_cIjjoxPZcQXxAXnZWw8KcjCNCL4paN3C7i5Q.yahoo.invalid
Sat Feb 4 18:45:21 UTC 2006

Maybe we should try and promote the formation of LinuxChix chapters in
Indian states too. I would love to see one happen in Goa (and am willing
to help, without interfering!). But there are so few potential members I
can think of! FN

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Milton Aineruhanga <milton at t7T2JUmC6ZpXyjtX-iPrwz6goNQ0QdTSwNQpI51iVYzM0orM44brsbptFXwvsQa80fogW9gmiHUHAVCvCw.yahoo.invalid>
To: africasource2-l at 1tvcQKhN65OxMbnaDlt-1gvLYLGujZnafhU8iyRTAItuDlMT9qykeewAI1ck1-DV1Y-QMsIxn0h10WHZx8n9o9k9c1iN2N4iSkT0U5E.yahoo.invalid
Subject: [Africasource2-l] Linux Chix Uganda
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 16:21:45 +0300
Dear All,

>>From 8-15 January, Kalangala Island hosted Africa Source II, an event that
was Africa's premier Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) specialized hands on
skills development event focused on the Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO)
sector. Bringing together over 120 NGO support professionals, staff and
software experts, the participants examined how information technologies and
FOSS can strategically impact and build civil society organizations on the
continent.

Following this event, Linux Chix Africa- Uganda chapter was born, is now in
existence and is seeking membership from women in Uganda. The targeted audience
is decision makers, end users as well as women computer technicians. The primary
focus of Linux Chix Africa- Uganda chapter will be FOSS and women in Uganda. The
chapter seeks to advocate for the use of FOSS by women at all levels i.e. both
the urban and the rural woman.

With this call for membership, we hope to identify women that would be
interested in being a part of linux Chix Africa- Uganda Chapter. In this
regard, we do appreciate receiving contact information by Wednesday 8th
February 2006.

A meeting for Linux Chix Africa- Uganda Chapter will be held on Friday 10th
February 2006 at the I-Network Board Room beginning at 3:00pm. More on the
vision, mission and planned activities will be shared during the meeting.

For more information about Linux Chix Africa, visit:
http://www.africalinuxchix.org

For more information about Linux Chix Africa, please contact:
Evelyn Namara enamara at -v676HfVH5Wom4h2tmS1CiXtH1KVwqENDT0ZvJvpj7yWQPQj57Wjl451H0tYyOBhvd-Tk9Rrgx8cleejVt2d_XUUjm2Z.yahoo.invalid
Goretti Amuriat zgamurait at lfCEij3jHXWxbEk8nP2FoUaOlic-rOJKcZT2mA6lh79oiLanbAqFSjUUBy90dTONSil0GFtbeXHJe08.yahoo.invalid
Daphne Kakonge dkakonge at C-_jAVbX2mBNLrzFHjCL9nwkqzM3X50F_vysMxVaShXGnEKoE3dqvpShfB1zqbDmzgOc_OWedbAZWsA.yahoo.invalid

Regards,

The above comments and data are owned by whoever posted them (including attachments if any). The List's Host is not responsible for them in any way.