[Indianlc] Re: Linux Fedora core 4

Archana.S.R archu.oct at IgMdAiNqhjE8z2D3PtAgUlApEilPU2uawpERq5rq5eEbtVSdEtz-7BAQEtKbDGxOXCia26nSshCyQZowvw.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 19 07:27:17 UTC 2005

> office. Most of my work needs vi and emacs. But I think open office
> problem is solved now. coz now open office opens in a matter of few
> seconds in RHEL .

may be iam using older versions :-S
wats the version thats in RHEL?
let me hav a look after installing it in my debian..

> I prefer KDE and always use that as it has better session management
> schemes than GNOME. GNOME, ahhh I too dont like ( you are right
> a bit too like well..ahem). never used fluxbox though. How is it?

gnome..
yes, i started to use gnome since i was facing some problems in
display using kde.. though i like kde much more than gnome,.. i need
to use the thing which works .. and i feel its bit fast than kde..
though there may be  other things to be considered.

reg fluxbox-> its awsome..
the plus points i would say is lightning speed and easy customisation
and different themes. if i start any program in kde or gnome, it takes
few secs or mins to open, but as far as flux box is concerned, it
opens in microsecs. I was ercomfortable with it in suse 9.3 , but
since iam used to icons in desktop and menus kind of thing, iam using
gnome(stable) and debian(stable)

> > i wil wait for the next kernel release to install any linux stuff
> further..

i din wait..
i jus did the install since i got lot of wokr pending depending on my
os configuration

> Well, its the one which is supported  by REDHAT and well if the
> company is paying for that then why to go for FC ;-)

wats the basic hardware requirements for running rhel with some speed?
let us know the config of the pc in which u use rhel ..

regards

--
Archana.S.R.