Linux Fedora core 4

Diya Saxena funnyprogramer at lTUDuki_tk_sPBzMdmoJH8Qz2f8O7XTADDEjpHPEfbIXxTz-vXyYy3TG4jir5T8EE3x5KQnGnJv5cm0_qlBSMp9dcQ.yahoo.invalid
Mon Sep 19 06:44:53 UTC 2005

--- In Indianlc at yahoogroups.com, "Archana.S.R" <archu.oct at g...>
wrote:
> > and about the speed. Can you tell me when that was happening. I
mean
> > when the system used to behave slow. coz i have used 2 and 4 but
not

> i would love to
> when i use open office.. (takes some min 2 minutes to open !! )

You are right Archana, even I faced the same problem with open
office. But at the same time look at the features that open office
provides, May be it was a flaw ( memory hogging) in open office
rather than the Linux kernel. But at the same time I hardly use open
office. Most of my work needs vi and emacs. But I think open office
problem is solved now. coz now open office opens in a matter of few
seconds in RHEL .

> when i open multiple terminal sessions.

Have never faced the same problem. and considering the high end
configuration that you use it looks strange.

> when i play music along wiht other two..
> but i find such things only when i use kde.
> i dont use gnome for its lazy look.
> i started using fluxbox and it sounded fine to suit my minimal
needs
> efficiently..

I prefer KDE and always use that as it has better session management
schemes than GNOME. GNOME, ahhh I too dont like ( you are right its
a bit too like well..ahem). never used fluxbox though. How is it?

> BTW iam having 512mb ddr ram
> now i removed fc 4 and installed suse 9.3 prof to have a look at
it.
> i wil wait for the next kernel release to install any linux stuff
further..

> > 3. Btw I am using RHEL 4.1, no fedora any more :-)
>
> nice to know that :)
> in wat way rhel is different from fc's... except for the community
work?

Well, its the one which is supported  by REDHAT and well if the
company is paying for that then why to go for FC ;-)