Slackware 10.2

Nishita Desai nish.des at FS1J3Zz_IjEUg4I1VmgqKmqHpuYz2ng375j_2EgjGLofhhzRjOJ8ucWnEP7AajpcDEzveTyQLJS7.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 31 18:53:56 UTC 2005

Hello Guys,

Well, I am still quite a beginner with Linux. I downloaded and installed
Slackware on one of our hostel comps. But am still facing some minor
difficulties. The computer is to be used by a lot of people who are not
experts so needs to be as user friendly as possible.
1) Grub starts with command line. Is there a way to make it directly start
with the menu without having to mention configfile everytime... maybe
something like grub.conf on RH.
2) We connect to the net through main institute server. I have entered all
the details, IP address, netmask, gateway, primary and secondary DNS
servers.. i.e. all the info I needed to enter for config on a windows
machine. I can connect to our intranet servers but not to anywhere else.

Thanks,
Nishita.
--
http://www.geocities.com/nish_home