[Indianlc] Re: New poll for Indianlc

Pallavi Pradhan pallu2603 at gMIyRQesBAemx1JgNfk1vInNGvR135zcpnxHPn6uUhmuhUIUP3JtlN9BaefEojE-IlwHgZ-HVTNnuuOyn3k.yahoo.invalid
Mon Oct 31 13:51:30 UTC 2005

Hi Diya

I have used Solaris 10 for some time. well it was
really a short exposure but yes i have used it.
Its definitely an improvement over SOL9.

the best part is it comes with GNOME, no more CDE now.

They have introduced an concept called ZOning and
ZOnes. just get some litrature on this and you will be
amazed what it can do. Well not very usefull on Home
PC  Though but on Servers it going to be gr8...

Happy Diwali all

luv
Pallu
--- Diya Saxena <funnyprogramer at wJh8t3R3SWdTpU6Sya62vo5PYJNfNNcaZsJLSVP8bVz_JngP9H468Gs6rwqLT40lBT6YExG5hkwWE4qXcDPD0o2i.yahoo.invalid> wrote:

---------------------------------

> > About music players and stuff due to licensing
issue distros dont
no
> > longer support it out of the box. None of them.
>
> not quite.. slackware (even 10.2) ships madplay
which plays mp3 out
of
> the box...

Thats really nice to know. Btw after reading your
mails I am now
itching to try out slackware. Have never given a
thought to it. How
good is the developement environment in slackware?

Btw has anyone tried out new SUN Solaris 10. Its open
source now.I am
planning to try out once my home pc is up and running.

Thanks
Diya

                                                Linux
operating system