[Courses] C Programming for Absolute Beginners, text book?

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Tue Feb 7 04:45:14 UTC 2012

>  Is there a C Programming book, in print or online, that
>  includes the C99 and C11 standards ?
>  Are these new standards supported by the gcc compiler ?
>  Is been a long long time since I programmed in C.
>  It's starting to look like a different language than it was.

gcc mostly supports C99/C11, and there is an up-to-date book I've had my eye
on, C Programming: A Modern Approach, 2nd Edition by K.N. King. It's about
$90, but it looks good.

http://www.amazon.com/C-Programming-Modern-Approach-2nd/dp/0393979504

best,
Carla
Carla Schroder, ace Linux guru and howto author
541-932-4817 PT
carla at tuxcomputing.com