[Courses] [python] Would it be possible to set up a open source course management system?

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Mon Jun 20 19:27:43 UTC 2011

Ivan Avery Frey writes:
> Hi Akkana,
> 	would it be possible to set up a open course management system for
> this course? Something like moodle: http://moodle.org/

You mean like the Moodle instance we have at
http://courses.linuxchix.org ? :-)

We've had Moodle for years, but the problem is that no one knows how
to administer it or run courses in it.  We will have a copy of the
Python course archived in Moodle, courtesy of Jacqueline McNally
(thanks, Jacqueline!)  But anything beyond that, like running
courses interactively, requires volunteers.

If you know how to administer Moodle, we could really use that.
And if you know how to run a course in Moodle, please consider
running a course in how to do that. I would certainly sign up.
If you teach potential instructors how to use Moodle, you're
much more likely to see future courses using it.

Please join the Volunteers list if you're interested in helping
or in running a Moodle course.

	...Akkana