[Courses] Suggestions [was] Perl list active

॥ स्वक्ष ॥ vid at svaksha.com
Sat Jun 18 04:26:09 UTC 2011

Gosh, I have so many pending email drafts ...

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 06:24, Jacinta Richardson
<jarich at perltraining.com.au> wrote:
> I hadn't given it a lot of thought.  Probably intermediate.  Has basic
> programming skills, wants to (re)learn Perl syntax and idioms.  Very happy
> for suggestions.

Would folks be interested in Perl Frameworks? If there is enough
interest, here are some suggestions in no particular order::

o. Any MVC-architecture based framework in Perl -- Catalyst, Mason, etc..
For example, if you could address things like 'how two different
frameworks differ in URL mapping' -- as this can easily be bungled by
newbies.

o. Alternatively, "Bioinformatics" -- I'm a bit unsure what to suggest
as the topic is so vast. For starters, it would be fun to learn how to
use bioperl libraries for sequencing annotation. Or, how you can use
Catalyst to display the feature annotation, etc.... If you can think
of any small and interesting task feel free to suggest.

Jacinta, I'll be ok with anything and am trying to avoid suggesting
too may things that might seem an overwhelming burden for you. Again,
thanks for volunteering to teach...much appreciated :)

vid ॥ http://svaksha.com