[Courses] [Postgresql] What is PostgreSQL?

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Wed Nov 21 04:18:28 UTC 2007

Quoting Michelle M <michelle at murrain.net>:
> I have two questions for you to send in your answers to the list, if you
> wish:
> - Give us a brief intro to yourself, and why you are taking this course

I am a web applicaton developer, sysadmin, and DBA. My main background
is Oracle but I have a couple of sites that use MySQL and Postgres. My
medium to long term plan is to move everything to use Postgres because
I think it is the right balance between features and complexity for my
needs. I mostly want to improve my Postgres DBA skills.

> - If you haven't already, think of a concrete project you'd like to use
> PG with. Share with us a brief synopsis of the project: the problem, the
> platform, the approach you'll think you'll take, and why you think PG
> might be a good fit. It should be something that will be fun, and
> perhaps a bit challenging for you.

Lots of Ruby on Rails content management systems hosted on RH linux.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser