[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 1: Dreams]

Karine Delvare kdelvare at nerim.net
Sat Mar 31 18:50:25 UTC 2007

On Fri, 30 Mar 2007 12:30:34 -0700
Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> wrote:

> Forget about "what will people think." Anyone who thinks your dreams
> are wrong or stupid is a lamer and not worthy of you.

For a long while, people in my life have been telling me "you shouldn't
start this new hobby, you already have too many and you don't finish
anything". I have thus been refraining from trying some things that
attracted me, just knowing that I would hear that again.

Nevertheless, with time I have been able to accomplish some small
or not so small things in several of those activities I started. I
built confidence on that and started following my instinct on pursuing
new hobbies. That's the way I work, and I'm glad I stopped caring about
"what will people say when they'll know I picked yet another activity".
I just take advantage of whatever motivation I have for whichever
project, whenever it happens, and I am very proud of the results,
because there are always results when I listen to my motivation.

Karine