[Courses] [Spineful Living, Lesson 4: Saying No!]

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Wed Apr 25 15:38:12 UTC 2007

On Monday 23 April 2007 01:29, Valorie Zimmerman wrote:
> You've taken a great job, married a
> wonderful spouse, assumed a rewarding volunteer position. And then time
> passes, or your company is sold, your partner changes in a different
> direction than you are traveling, or the challenge is gone from the
> position. In short, you are burnt out.
>
> I have difficulty recognizing that happening, and gracefully moving
> on. "Bitter end" brings back some bitter memories, which I'm gonna spend
> some time with, because I think learning when to say "enough, goodbye" is
> just as important as saying NO.
>
> Too many of us didn't get a chance to learn to say NO as two year-olds,
> when we are supposed to learn that. So we never progress to I'M DONE.
> Better late to learn both, than never!

Amen, sistah! This is a good time to review some of our Basic Human Rights:

The right to say "No!" and not feel guilty
The right to change your mind
The right to do less than you are humanly capable of doing

I suggest that asking yourself "What's in it for me?" is a great tactic for
getting a good perspective. "What do I want?"

--
Carla Schroder