[Courses] [C Programming] Anyone still here?

Charlotte Oliver charlotte.oliver at rcn.com
Thu May 30 09:03:47 EST 2002

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 07:20:36AM -0500, Lindy Quick wrote:
> I personally I am one of the people that has some of the Microsoft certs
> without the experience.  I was required to obtain the SQL Administrator
> certification without ever having seen the application at the time I took
> the test.  It took me twice but thanks to study materials I was able to pass
> and had never used the application. (Trust me I'm really not proud of this
> fact)

I think you should be proud of it...it's a good way to learn about
something new if you're already a computer person.  I got my CCNA
witout touching a router, but then I found a job that was router
based and learned a whole lot more.  I'd have been in trouble
without the base knowledge of the cert.

What gets me are the "Get your MCSE without touchingi or owning
 a computer!" advertisements.  There's just something horribly,
horribly wrong about that. :)

Charlotte