[Courses] Re: Python Course

Stephanie Boyd slb at ixtab.org.uk
Mon Jul 22 12:57:34 EST 2002

Hi,
Since the course hasn't started yet, I hope it's not too late for me to join
it :-)

I'm a fourth year undergraduate studying economics at the University of
Edinburgh, Scotland.  I have no programming experience to speak of, although
I am very familiar with HTML. As I've been using Debian for a couple of
years now, I thought it was about time I learned a programming language -
Python was suggested to me as a good first language to learn.

I didn't think I'd be back from my hols in time to join this course which
is why I didn't sign up earlier. I have raided my fiance's O'Reilly
collection and pilfered both Learning Python and Programming Python, which
should hopefully be enough to be getting on with ;-)

The inevitable quote:
    'He's not the Messiah - he's a very naughty boy!'
--
Stephanie Boyd

	Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.
							-- W.C. Fields