[Courses] [Python] Welcome

Linda Mayhugh lmayhugh at drizzle.com
Mon Jul 1 19:45:17 EST 2002

Hello all,

I'm Linda Mayhugh, systems manager at a research lab in the University of
Washington in Seattle. I'm assuming that in a group of computer people
Seattle is a recognizable location - we're right across a large lake from
the Evil Empire itself.

I just came out of 6 months of unemployment and got this amazing job.
During the first interview the professor I now work for said he'd want me
to learn Python, and if I remember correctly Sue's post about setting up a
Python course was later that day or the next.

I haven't done much programming for a long while, and mostly Perl with
dabblings in some others. Whether I'll get the book or use online
resources remains to be seen.

I much prefer the image of Monty Python to that of a large compressing snake...