[Courses] IRC (Was: Re: Well, shall we?)

coldfire rolick571 at duq.edu
Tue Jan 15 15:03:38 EST 2002

> > First question - how will we do this? Should we stick to e-mail, or think
> > about IRC/Chat sessions as well?
>
> I'd be willing to commit to a few hours a week for "office hours" on
> IRC if people think it would help.  Presumably the helpers are in a
> wide range of timezones/schedules as well; would other people be
> willing to do this?

i second the notion for at least an irc server where even if only three
people idle, there would be live chat available for anyone wanting 0
second advice or help.  i do a lot of sitting at my computer working, so
having an irc channel open wouldn't be any trouble.

besides, i'm not always on at 10-12pm ... every day is different, so i'd
probably have a pretty good chance to interact with a lot of people,
regardless of geographic locations :)

coldie