[Courses] [C] Course Development?

KWMelvin kwmelvin at intrex.net
Wed Dec 4 10:04:39 EST 2002

Greetings,

As you all know, I came here to take a C course. I am taking a C
course here, but am the one who posts it to the list. That's okay,
I have some spare time and a book.  However, because I borrow quite
freely from the book, none of the lessons that have been posted are
copyleft.  It seems that what is wanted here, at LinuxChix, is a
C Course that is copyleft, that can be put up on a web page.

So my question is, why not develop a C Course from scratch? We've
already found out that certain keywords, operators, and library
functions have to be introduced before others in order to present
the concepts needed to learn more advanced concepts. Certain
programming concepts are language-independent.

It is helpful to have "interesting" exercises that will allow the
student to use what they've just learned, and apply things they've
learned previously.

We beginners only have a few more lessons to go, and we'll have been
introduced to the C programming language, so why don't we develop
a CopyLeft Beginning C Programming Course for LinuxChix.  It would
be in our own words, so it could be shared with those who come
looking to take a C Course. C is the lingua franca of Linux.

How should we start? In what order should the keywords, operators,
library functions, and programming concepts be presented? What kinds
of exercises would we like to see in a Beginner's C Course?

Is anyone interested in doing a project like this?  If so, let me
know.  We might have to take such a project off-list, I don't know.
However, discussion always reveals interesting things... <shrug>

Happy Programming!