[Announce] Opening up for new volunteers

Sulamita Garcia sulamita at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 09:44:14 UTC 2012

Hi all

I can't believe 5 years have passed since we created the Trés Chix, and
with an entire participation from the group, I was one of
the honoured collaborators to become part of the trio. I have been around
Linuxchix for so long, that was immensely gratifying and motivating. We
have then worked closely with the volunteers running the lists, the
website, forums and mailing lists, chapters and so on. It was a really nice
time.

But - there is always a but - I have been away for a long time. I took some
time out to heal from the burnout I was feeling, and the paths I took
didn't bring me back. I actually found myself immerse in other interests
and after so long, I believe it's time for me to leave space for the new.
My participation in open source community was always driven for the desire
to contribute, and it's my firm believe that open source community can only
survive with this continuous collaboration and contributions. Contributions
from people who believe the open source community can change the world, as
I believed.

I had some amazing memories, moments, projects, friends. I really believe I
was part of something. And I also have learned to let go. And I really
didn't want to make this a big deal, but I also didn't want to leave it for
speculations about Linuxchix. It's an entirely personal decision, and very
well thought one. I still hope one day Linuxchix wouldn't have the need to
exist - simply because the open source community is already so open to
women as the IT field in general. And I wish all the best luck for those
who still want to keep fighting.

You all know my contact, and I'm always open to conversation. If anyone
find themselves in Munich, I'm also a very nice hostess.

Warmest regards,

--
Brain: Prepare yourself for your 15 minutes of fame
Pinky: after that, can I have 15 minutes of Macarena?

  °v°  Sulamita Garcia
 /(_)\ http://sulamita.net/
  ^ ^  Twitter @sulagarcia