[Announce] [Security] Security course beginning

Raven, corporate courtesan raven at oneeyedcrow.net
Fri Mar 1 14:48:06 EST 2002

Heya --

	The security course is about ready to begin.  The discussion
will be held on courses at linuxchix.org.  So all y'all that expressed
interest, please subscribe to Courses (if you haven't already) at:

We will be sharing this list with the other LinuxChix courses -- so far,
that's the C programming course and the basic programming concepts
course.  To specify which discussion you're participating in, please set
your subject line with a tag for the course you're discussing.  This
will allow chix who filter their mail to direct courses mail to
different mailboxes.  So for us, your Subject: line should look
something like:

Subject: [Security] Re: secure anonymous FTP?

	The format of the course is up for discussion.  We can follow a
book, we can have a free-wheeling discussion, we can pick a topic a week
and cover it, whatever people like.  I figure if nobody has a strong
preference, I'll kick off each week with a post about some security
issue, and then we can discuss that.  And questions about security,
whether it's about our topic-o'-the-week or not, are always welcome.
Let me know what y'all would like best.

	The course is open to all levels of folk -- newbies and gurus
are all welcome.  (Personally, I hope some newbies do join, so I can try
out some of my docs and explanations on them and see if they make sense
to someone without much of a sysadmin background.)

	Please direct replies and discussion to courses at linuxchix.org.
Thanks, and I hope to see you all there.

Cheers,
Raven

Davei says, "And when the network gets really bad, we combine into one
big engineer.