[Announce] New mailing lists

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Mon Jan 7 23:14:41 EST 2002

Two new mailing lists. So new they haven't been tested yet.

chapters at linuxchix.org is for chapter heads and chapter organisers. It's
primarily for discussing issues about your chapters, ideas for chapters,
and generally allowing the various chapters to share knowledge and ideas
without feeling like they're spamming the main lists.

coordination at linuxchix.org is for BOTH groups of - well, of my
right-hand-women. For the various website and mailing list volunteers.
For the chapter heads and organisers. For my darling husband, who acts
as sysadmin. For .. you get the idea. Anyone who does some of the work
that keeps Linuxchix going.
It's for discussion about what Linuxchix is and should be, for
discussion on what people want to do, what Linuxchix needs - all of that
sort of thing. It's for coordinating Linuxchix as a whole, I guess.

I've linked from the main page to their subscription pages, but haven't
set up the lists properly yet. Hopefully everything works, but please be
gentle reporting it if it doesn't - I just sent off another article to
O'Reilly, and today was a BAD day for article-writing. My brain wasn't
working right and it took twice as long to edit and proof it as it
usually does. So I'm just going to hope that these went right, and I'll
fix it tomorrow if they didn't. :)

BTW: I discovered why Evolution wasn't using the Linuxchix filters.
Somehow that directory didn't get properly created when I created it -
it sort of got half-made. I can move mail to it now, so we'll see if the
filters work.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/