[Actionchix] Title - opinion results

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Tue Sep 18 06:19:25 UTC 2007

Hey Chix,

So I've finally organized all the responses I've received, and tried to
organize all the opinions in a logical manner.  More voting still needs
to be done to dwindle all the great title and motto ideas down.  A
separate email will be sent out for this.

Here are the results of the opinion questions on the LinuxChix
trademark, the gender-neutrality of the title, and the type of title we
are looking for.  This part wasn't meant to be a hard vote, but rather
an indication of our opinions for the title and motto.

--Do we want to use the "Linux Chix" trademark?  Will it help us in
reaching our audience?

Yes (not specified where). ++++++	6
Yes, but not prominent. +++		3
Yes, but not in title. ++		2
Yes, in title. + 				1

-- Do we want a title that doesn't include any gender references so we
can have a broader audience?

No gender reference. ++++++ 					6
Yes gender reference. ++					2
No gender reference in title, but yes in motto. + 	1
Slight gender reference (maybe in small print).	+ 	1

-- Do we want something witty, wacky, or straightforward?

Straightforward. ++++++ 	6
Straightforward/witty. + 	1
Wacky. + 				1
Wacky/fun. + 			1
Witty/catchy. + 			1
Relevant/recognizable. + 	1

Total people who submitted their opinions: 21

Thanks,

rs