[Actionchix] ChixBits format - voting results

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Mon Oct 15 08:50:05 UTC 2007

> **DESIGN TEAM:  would you find it easier to design articles on the web
> or in pdf format?  If through the web, is the current Drupal setup
> sufficient for you, or would you like to start from scratch and create
> your own setup?

<design team hat="on">
For the web, I cannot really tell without digging a bit more into drupal.
For the PDF, I believe the design is a bit harder and more time-consuming
BUT I clearly am a volunteer for this (I mean, to "double" the web
publication with a PDF publication).
</design team hat="off">

On a side note, I was wondering. I do believe that quarterly updates for a
website are not enough.
Maybe a per-article basis for "some" articles (like, you know, a "preview"
for the upcoming issue) could be a nice idea. It would allow to have
regular updates and regular "shots" for ChixBits addicts (who, I don't
doubt it, will be numerous ;) ) while not being overwhelming - working on
the "background" for major/hard to layout pieces for the main issue and
"dropping" some bits for the web site from time to time.
What I'd see (tell me if it's totally stupid, unfeasible, not a good idea,
a genius idea, whatever) would be a "front page" with the current and past
issues and a "back page" with "look at what we're working on for the next
issue, you have some preview, doesn't it look nice?". And, why not, some
columns that would not necessarily be in the final issue (for whatever
reason, like things that happen on month n+3, that are planned on month
n+1, that could not be in issue for month n and that would be outdated on
month n+4, well you see the idea).

What do you think?

Isa