[Actionchix] ChixBits format - voting results

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Sun Oct 14 17:16:23 UTC 2007

Hey peeps,

So the votes are in, looks like we'll be having a _Quarterly_  :)

Also, since this is a completely volunteer-based effort, I don't want
anyone to be discouraged if we cannot meet our quarterly goal all the
time (i.e. if we're a month or two late).  It's pretty apparent that
most of us are professionals or students, with schedules and lives
separate from ChixBits, so all we can say is, we'll do the best we can
in solidarity to put out the best darn quarterly eMag we can.

As for the format, looks like it's a dead tie for
magazine.linuxchix.org, chixbits.com, and PDF, all with 7 votes each.

Perhaps the best compromise is to make www.chixbits.com point to
magazine.linux.org/a-url, and that would solve that specific issue.

On the PDF front, I guess it really depends on our fabulous Design Team.

**DESIGN TEAM:  would you find it easier to design articles on the web
or in pdf format?  If through the web, is the current Drupal setup
sufficient for you, or would you like to start from scratch and create
your own setup?

Thanks,

rs

TOTAL VOTES:
-------------

1) Publication Timeline: (choose one)

A. Weekly +		1
B. Monthly ++	2
C. Quarterly +++++	5
D. Whenever-we-can +	1
E. Publish as we get articles done +	1

2) Publication Format: (choose all that apply)

A. Web (through magazine.linuxchix.org) +++++++	7
B. Web (www.chixbits.com) +++++++	7
C. PDF +++++++	7
D. Printed (as a regular way of publishing)
E. Printed (only at events or certain occasions) +++	3
F. Other (please specify)	0