[Actionchix] [Volunteers] Should I register 'Chixbits.com'?

Valorie Zimmerman valorie.zimmerman at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 00:50:01 UTC 2007

On Nov 8, 2007 8:16 AM, Selbak, Rolla N <rolla.n.selbak at intel.com> wrote:
> Alrighty, so it seems we should:
>
> 1- Register chixbits.com, chixbits.org and chixbits.net.
> 2- Also try to register linuxchix.com and linuxchix.net while we're at
> it.

I think this is a very good idea. Why let someone else snap them up?

> 3- Let's _not_ use GoDaddy (thanks for pointing out why not to!)
> Possibly gandi.net, the same as linuxchix.org?

Again, agreed. I'm sorry I ever went with GoDaddy for my own domains,
and will be switching out when they expire.

> 4- linuxchix and chixbits should ideally be under the same registrar.

Again, agreed.

> - VOLUNTEERS LINUXCHIX: would love your opinion on who the registrar
> should be.
>
> Does linuxchix have a budget for this sort of thing?  Anyway, if not,
> I'd be happy to personally pay, it's not that $ to register a domain
> these days anyway.
>
> Rolla

As far as I know, we have no budget for *anything.* We come up with
money through donations as needs arise.

Valorie

::snip old::