[Volunteers] Re: [Actionchix] The former website effort: an apology to Jen and Gloria

Valerie Henson val.henson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 23 01:03:44 UTC 2007

On 3/22/07, Mary Gardiner <mary at puzzling.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2007, Brenda wrote:
> > I agree with this approach. Linuxchix has a lot of diversity, and the same
> > approach in choosing technolgies means we're including more people.
>
> I agree as well, with the caveat that our core infrastructure (main
> website, mailing lists, general systems) is stable and maintained first,
> and a learning experience second, rather than the other way around.

I agree and would go farther: teaching and learning is what the
courses mailing list is designed specifically for, and we should use
that for teaching if at all possible.  It's also our most popular
list, so you reach a lot of people if you teach a course on LinuxChix.
 I would love to see CherryPy, Moodle, Drupal, Plone, RoR, what have
you courses with test platforms available to play with.

-VAL