[Volunteers] Re: [Actionchix] The former website effort: an apology to Jen and Gloria

Mary Gardiner mary at puzzling.org
Fri Mar 23 00:22:30 UTC 2007

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007, Brenda wrote:
> I agree with this approach. Linuxchix has a lot of diversity, and the same
> approach in choosing technolgies means we're including more people.

I agree as well, with the caveat that our core infrastructure (main
website, mailing lists, general systems) is stable and maintained first,
and a learning experience second, rather than the other way around. The
LinuxChix website has and will have a lot of users with varying needs
(members, potential members, people looking for a specific thing such as
a course, people looking for technical answers), only some of whom will
be interested in experimenting with implementation or seeing any
experiments before they are stable.

-Mary