[Actionchix] Hacking through the electrical outlet?

Doc Nielsen docnielsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:42:22 UTC 2007

First of all, this sounds like a technical issue, so let us continue
the technical aspects in the TechTalk newsgroup.
Second, linuxchix focus mainly on linux, so asking a windows question
might not get the attention you were hoping for.
Third, if you unplug your computer from the network, how would you
know your mails are intercepted, and how were you able to send this
one?
"The page cannot be found" messages are quite normal on an unplugged
computer, so that is to be expected.
Are you using an antivirus? Spyware remover? Please provide further
details to this problem, or even better, install a linux destribution
;o)

-Doc

On 2/27/07, Lloyd Dettering <ldettering1 at cogeco.ca> wrote:
> For nearly a year, my WinXPPro, S.P.2 has been hacked even after I've taken the Ethernet adapter out of the PC and the PC is only connected to the electrical outlet via my APC Backup-UPS (no Internet connection). ????? My emails have been intercepted, "The page cannot be found" message appears when I try to access sites that may be helpful. Howe do I stop this from occurring? Not that I hope to receive any reply considering the hacking interceptions!

Evry little box should have a pat on the back by uid 0 at least once a day
Even a tux or a beastie needs love, just like I do :o)