[Actionchix] Drupal it is, request for sysadmins - RE: Meta: need for wiki

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Sat Aug 25 03:17:34 UTC 2007

Hey all,

So from all the discussions about wiki vs. Drupal it looks like...

*drum roll*

*tah-dah!*

Drupal is the way to go for submitting, editing and approving articles
for LinuxChix mag  :)

I'll go ahead and put the below email to sysadmin at linuxchix.org since I
don't know if the convention is to cc sysadmin at linuxchix.org on these
request emails, or to email separately.  This way, the admins can reply
either personally or to the list.

----------

Dear Linux Chix sysadmins,

So it looks like the consensus is that Drupal is indeed the preferred
way to go for submitting, editing and approving articles for LinuxChix
mag.

We were wondering if you can help set this up?  Perhaps simply
www.linuxchix.com/mag or something similar? Here's what I'm thinking we
need:

(1)- A place where LinuxChix members can outline the rules, guidelines
and process of submitting an article to LinuxChix mag, editing and
getting the article(s) approved.  This will probably be write-perms to
LinuxChix and read-only to the public.

(2)- A place where articles can actually be submitted.  Once submitted,
the idea is to have the "editing group" at LinuxChix be able to edit &
proof-read the articles and give feedback to the submitter.  My
suggestion is to also have non-LinuxChix members be able to submit
articles later on down the line, so we have to think about permissions
for non-LinuxChix members as well, how they'd sign up, etc.  This will
probably be read & write-perms to LinuxChix.  Selected non-LinuxChix
will also get read & write-perms for only the articles they submit.  Not
open to the public.

(3)- A place where artwork/images can also be uploaded to accompany the
articles if needed.  Same permissions as (2).

I think this is a good start for now.  I'll also start a discussion on
appointing the "editing group", the "design group", and the "approval
group".

The "editing group" will be the group at LinuxChix who specialize in
editing, copy-editing, and proof-reading articles to get them ready for
production.

The "design group" will be the group at LinuxChix who specialize in
putting together the layout, artwork, design, etc.

The "approval group" will act as the editor-in-chief so to speak, they
will be the group to give the final approval for the final product (both
the articles and the design).

Group names are obviously a little dull here  :)  but I'm thinking about
their function for how.

The group members (and names) will be determined during the course of
the next few weeks via volunteering and/or voting.

These are my thoughts, and your guidance and help is very appreciated
:)

rs