[Actionchix] Meta: need for wiki

Selbak, Rolla N rolla.n.selbak at intel.com
Fri Aug 24 22:20:42 UTC 2007

[...snip...]

>Although given this choice for my own projects, I've gone towards
>wikis instead of CMSes, my preference for this project is Drupal for
>two reasons:
>
>1. Doesn't add additional sysadmin/webadmin duties.

Makes sense.

>2. The more Chix who are comfy editing in drupal, the more chix we
>have who are able to contribute to other parts of our website if they
>want to volunteer.

Ah yes, that's a good point actually.

Well, I guess we can just start with Drupal first and see how it goes.
It seems like it takes the least overhead for LinuxChix with similar
results as using a wiki (although personally, I love wikis, and using
Drupal internally at work has been annoying, but that's probably because
they didn't set it up correctly)

So a question about permissions for Drupal on the LinuxChix server, if
we were to invite other non-LinuxChix to submit articles, would it be
hard to give permissions?

rs