[Actionchix] Magazine Step 1: Set up wiki - volunteers?

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Thu Aug 23 19:50:33 UTC 2007

Le Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:44:46 -0700,
"Selbak, Rolla N" <rolla.n.selbak at intel.com> a écrit :

> Great that both of you (Isa and Dana) have wiki-setup experience!
> Alright, so let's see the best way to do this.
>
> - I'd vote for asking Sulamita (who actually works with me :) for
> permission to host wikimag.linuxchix.com or linuxchix.com/wikimag on
> the LinuxChix server itself.  Actually I don't know where the server
> is located, but if there isn't a central location, it may just be
> fine to host it on your machine Isa.

If it is possible, the Linuxchix machine is preferable, I think (if
only to get centralized backup of all linuxchix-related material).

> - We can take a vote on which wiki people prefer (MediaWiki, MoinMoin
> or Dokuwiki).  The results will determine what we'll be using.

I have installed at least once the three of them.
If you have other suggestions, please feel free to do so.

> - In terms of admin responsibility for wikimag, I'm not sure of the
> best way to appoint this person(s).  Should we all take a vote?  Or
> first ask who would be interested, then take a vote?

I guess asking first would be a good idea, so that people who don't
want the job don't get it :)

Isa