[Actionchix] Next step for site move

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Sep 5 08:10:35 UTC 2006

We need to construct a todo list of pages to move. In my ideal world it
would be a table with columns like this:

|| Current URL || New URL || Transferred || Checked ||

Transferred would mean "available at new URL" (the new URL would be a
test.linuxchix.org URL), Checked would mean "another volunteer has
checked the HTML for semantic goodness". Initial values for both would
be "no", and be updated. When either all or some acceptable number were
transferred, we would switch the site over.

Chris's wiki would be one place to store this. Is someone willing to set
it up? It would also be great to have a guide to creating semantically
correct HTML (by this I mean, using definition lists for actual
definitions, not just for indenting reasons, likewise blockquote for
actual quotations and that sort of thing), does anyone have a good
resource for this?

Once the Plone install has permissions and users set up, we will call
for volunteers to do the transfer of pages.

Also, there are a few pages that should not be transferred:
 - the front page news, because we'll probably want to import it some
   other way because it's in a database
 - any of the Meet the Chix profiles, because we need to discuss what to
   do about these -- many are old and very out of date and profile
   people no longer part of LinuxChix

-Mary