[Actionchix] Re: Fwd: [Sydney Linuxchix] Linuxchix Logo Ideas

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Fri Sep 1 06:50:36 UTC 2006

[Dropping the Cc of Sydney LinuxChix]

On Fri, Sep 01, 2006, Janet Hawtin wrote:
> Hullo ActionChix folks
>
> I am interested in finding out what kinds of things are possible to do
> in promoting linuxchix. I was looking for some kind of ideas about
> what might be possible for promoting linuxchix on SFD. I am not on the
> ActionChix list.

Hi all,

Please copy Janet into replies... just a clarification: SFD is Software
Freedom Day on September 16, see <http://softwarefreedomday.org/>

I think the most urgent need for an answer is to this given our previous
discussion about restricting the licence for use only by LinuxChix:

> Is there information about LinuxChix which could be sent out in this way.
> Would it be ok to make a colour in robotux for kids for example.

As for the openclipart stuff, I'd be interested in hearing other
people's opinions and technical insights: any objections? And most
importantly, is anyone willing to volunteer to set that up? Can it be
done with Plone or in a Plone integrated way?

-Mary