[Actionchix] Fwd: [Sydney Linuxchix] Linuxchix Logo Ideas

Janet Hawtin lucychili at gmail.com
Fri Sep 1 06:42:19 UTC 2006

Hullo ActionChix folks

I am interested in finding out what kinds of things are possible to do
in promoting linuxchix. I was looking for some kind of ideas about
what might be possible for promoting linuxchix on SFD. I am not on the
ActionChix list.
Mary Gardiner has offered to put my post through to you.

I was aiming to look beyond choosing the logo design to looking at the
more functional aspects of working with donated designs and making the
most of these assets and their potential to enable women generally and
perhaps girls in schools as an example to interact with them and feel
like they are participating in the whole.

I was interested in finding out whether it is possible to have an
openclipart approach to designs produced for LinuxChix. Somewhere
where new teams can check out the images which have been contributed
to this community and to choose shapes and adapt and work with them.

It would be good for some shapes to be licensed freely so that it
might be possible to create a creative commons CD which included
linuxchix info for schools that kids can interact with change and make
their own projects from.
A remix poster for example.

There are a range of designs being produced and since this is a world
community with likely different shapes being easy to identify with for
different folks it seems a good idea to value the different designs
that are sent in and to make them options for people to use in some
way.

Freely distributed fonts, free licenses, and somewhere to collect
promotional materials that are legal to download and adapt would be
handy.
Ive been making flyers for local groups which had the logos of
Software Freedom Day and logos for community groups on them and a bit
about the group.
Is there information about LinuxChix which could be sent out in this way.
Would it be ok to make a colour in robotux for kids for example.

Janet