[Actionchix] Moving to Plone

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu May 18 09:02:30 EST 2006

On Wed, May 17, 2006, jennyw wrote:
> cleanup was overly optimistic.  ;-)  For some pages (like the profiles) it
> was helpful, but for some others we ended up with valid xhtml that's not
> semantically correct and not accessible. For example, the FAQ documents
> use a tables and definition lists for indentation (and sometimes
> definition lists are used properly as definition lists; it's not
> consistent).

For what it's worth, about half of the FAQs are converted from docbook. You
can probably identify them as the ones with wacky auto-generated
internal anchor links. Original docbook is still on sourceforge, let me
know if you want access to it. (I don't think we want the source to
*stay* Docbook, I'm happy to let it be consistent with the rest of the
site, but it happens that it mostly is.)

> To facilitate that, Chris has started a style guide. Since there haven't
> been too many takers (well, one) since we asked on ActionChix for people
> who were interested in working on this, we've been discussing this
> mostly on the phone.

This is a pain, and don't do it if it's likely to delay things much, but
any chance of some informal minutes and/or progress reports to the list
if it's stays on the phone? This can attract extra helpers or at least
helpful thoughts :)

-Mary