[Actionchix] Logos

Lisa lisaj at spiritualfruits.com
Wed Mar 29 16:53:10 EST 2006

>  - who votes? we probably want the opinions of involved or potential
>    Chix more than we want the votesof, say, slashdot readers

How about a password-protected area for uploading logo submissions, like
a CGI photo album?  Many photo albums such as Gallery can be
password-protected from viewing as well, and also (bonus!) support
voting and comments on images.  The login(s) for logo upload, and for
voting, could be given out via e-mail/mailing list.  This way, in
theory, no one but trusted individuals can even view the album, much
less vote on its images.

I have set up Gallery before, and could do it again on my personal
website for this purpose.  I would probably have 100+ MB left over after
installation of the script, so as long as we didn't go too crazy we'd be
ok.  :)

Another sticking point is that many folks may find that they like more
than one logo, and that they like them to varying degrees.  One way I
have seen this dilemma resolved is you give everyone a certain amount of
points to use for voting; for example, everyone gets 10 points.  They
can give all 10 points to one logo if they're really hooked on that one,
or they can divide those points among a few they like.  We could adapt
this method according to whatever the script supports.  Then just
compare points at the end.

Lisa

P.S.  I know we're trying to set up a formal voting process first, but I
thought John's logo idea was so awesome I just had to comment on it.
It's simple, straightforward, and quickly conveys what LinuxChix is
about... while avoiding potential "groupie" ideas or any other ideas
about who we are or are not with regards to race, (dis)ability, age,
appearance, etc.  IMHO, another excellent contender.