[Actionchix] Migration to Plone

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Mon Mar 27 08:17:46 EST 2006

Hi, Lisa,

Lisa wrote:
 > I do sysadmin for a living, and I'd be happy to help.  Just let me know
 > when and where.  I'm in L.A. so anywhere in SoCal is ok.

Great! If you have a server handy and want to make it available on the
net for testing, that'd be grand. Otherwise, I'm setting up a server
today (and maybe tomorrow) and will be happy to give you access to help
configure it. Are you familiar with Zope?  After getting the server
running, we need to install both Plone and plain Zope (the version of
which will depend on what we're running now -- Dancer?) running at the
same time. Since Plone will probably be using a different version of
Zope, we'll probably need to do the install from source.  We'll probably
also want a Web server configured to act as a proxy.

 > Yes, I volunteered for HTML tidying and also for web design.

Just to clarify -- the migration is a separate project from the
re-design.  The only bits we're doing that have to do with HTML are
things we can do programmatically, such as filtering content through
Tidy (which can generate valid xhtml output). If there are any other
things we think should be automated as part of this, then we can work
them into the script.  The documents that comprise the content
(including courses pages) are pretty simple HTML, using basic
formatting, and lists and tables. I don't think any of these documents
has layout to speak of.

Jen