[Actionchix] Cleanup and design

Clytie Siddall clytie at riverland.net.au
Thu Mar 16 23:24:17 EST 2006

On 16/03/2006, at 6:04 AM, Lisa wrote:

> I think it should also be done in such a way that the very first thing
> you notice is that it's a professional-looking technology-oriented
> website, and then secondly that we are a women's group (which will be
> more or less obvious from our domain name anyway.)  The reason I say
> this is from my own experiences as a technician out in the field,
> and it
> has been true with both male and female clients.  I find that I get
> taken much more seriously, with a lot more respect and less sexual
> objectification, if I present myself as a professional technician who
> happens to be female rather than a female who happens to be into
> technology.
>
> My $.02 ...   :)

Isn't this really situational? Naturally, in a work situation, your
rôle would be paramount, and in a social situation, perhaps less so.

I agree that Linuxchix needs to show its skills and strength, but not
all of those are computing-based.

I have to have $0.05, we don't have 2c coins in Australia any
more. ;) Not one-ups-woman-ship, just inflation. :D

Việt hóa phần mềm tự do)