[Actionchix] HTML helping hands

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:12:22 EST 2006

Quoting Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com>:
> Do we care whether volunteers can compose locally then paste/upload
> into the CMS, rather than using the embedded editor?

It depends. If we are depending on the rich text editor to do
HTML/XHTML validation, then perhaps yes we care. And how well do the
cut and poste from Word clean ups work on the 3 editors proposed. I
have only used Epoz (the precursor to Kupu) and it does too litteral a
job transferring Word styles to the text area. I have had to edit a
couple of pages to remove the Word fonts so our style sheet dictated
paragraph format.

--
Cynthia N. Kiser
cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu