[Actionchix] Design of linuxchix.org

JC Helary jch.helary at free.fr
Thu Mar 16 21:02:57 EST 2006

> At this stage, while the discussion of the new CMS is finishing up, we
> can talk a little about what we want from the new design. Here's
> some things that came up:
>
>  - attractive :)
>
>  - light-weight
>
>  - standards compliant
>
>  - accessible
>
> Anything else?

Easily translatable: not overuse inline styles, not over use text in
images, not overuse fixed width/height styles.

I mentioned ITS in an earlier mail. I am not sure the W3C has started
working on the XHTML implementation, but iven if it is still at a
prototype stage I think it is worth giving it a try (I also happen to
be involved in the development of a translation support tool -OmegaT-
and we are looking for practical cases of ITS implementation to
develop ITS support).

> calls for us to develop T-Shirts and the like). LinuxChix is
> not-for-profit, but we may do some commerical things in future.

Not for (individual) profit and benefit generating commercial
activities are different things and I am sure everybody here
understands that.

Jean-Christophe Helary