[Actionchix] Choice of CMS

Cynthia Kiser cnk at ugcs.caltech.edu
Thu Mar 16 16:10:23 EST 2006

Anyone know Drupal well enough to know if it fits the criteria that
Mary has proposed? I have not played with it but have heard good
things from folks I respect so am interested in finding out more.

I know Drupal is used for lots of community organization sites. And
that content pieces can be reused - on multiple web pages or as RSS or
Atom feeds. Looking at their web site, the default templates meet
section 508 accessibility requirements. It mentions multilingual
support and hosting > 1 site from an instance.

The module set packaged as CivicSpace might be a good fit for the
LinuxChix community http://drupal.org/node/26622 But a walk through
"Is Drupal Right for You" might be informative
http://drupal.org/handbook/is-drupal-right-for-you

It is written in PHP with MySQL or Postgres as the database layer.