[Actionchix] HTML helping hands

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Thu Mar 16 08:56:03 EST 2006

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006, chris wrote:
> I just have to point out that I've been messing around with websites
> since the early 1990's and I haven't used html 4 since the 90's. That
> doesn't mean that it's an invalid choice, but I don't understand the
> argument for using something that's so old.

At the moment, the arugment is that our pages don't auto-validate. And
there are a *lot* of people who still use:

<ul>
<li>list item 1
<li>list item 2
</ul>

which is not XHTML. Some of these people willbe writing content for us
*after* the transition. Unless the CMS auto-validates and cleans HTML,
XHTML will be hard to continually maintain.

-Mary