[Actionchix] linuxchix.org design and maintainence: boundaries of discussion

Mary mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Wed Mar 15 20:24:32 EST 2006

Ok, we're about to fire up. Welcome everyone!

To start with, I'd like to raise a matter of some concern, and that's
that there is a lot of choice here. Furthermore, there's a lot of good
choices. And while this is a good thing, it has some potential to be
time wasting (as people keep asking "why did we make X choice, when Y is
also a good choice?") and divisive (as people are hurt when we reiterate
that we have made X choice).

So, I'd like everyone to keep in mind our "be polite, be helpful"
guidelines during this discussion. In particular, to help LinuxChix in
the long run, we need to actually get stuff done in the end.

Another point about the discussion: we'd like to be collaborative where
possible. So, for example, one way to design a site is to have a design
contest where everyone submits a design, one is judged the best, the
end. However, ideally, since we have multiple people with multiple
skills, it would be great for people to have input into each other's
designs and ideas rather than working totally separately. Comments,
additions and constructive feedback are encouraged.

-Mary