[Actionchix] Need volunteers to help redesign and move linuxchix.org

JC Helary jch.helary at free.fr
Mon Mar 13 02:42:03 EST 2006

Also, as far as the HP localization is concerned, W3C is currently
working on a draft for an Internationalization Tag Set (ITS) and they
are working on the XHTML implementation.

It is a promissing standard, and even though it has not yet reached
the recomendation status, it should be mature enough when the actual
localization of the site starts so that it can be used here as well.

As far as translation is concerned, there are many ways to do that
but if you implement the site with a CMS, I suppose the translation
will not take place on the displayed pages but at an earlier stage in
the page generation process.

I'd say generating an xml file for translation, that can be later re-
injected in the back end to produce a localized version would be the
easiest way to do that. There are more and more computer aided tools
that provide for arbitrary xml support (with the help of
configuration files).

Jean-Christophe Helary
(Hello Clytie !)