[Actionchix] State of the new website

Mary Gardiner mary-linuxchix at puzzling.org
Tue Jun 27 03:30:07 UTC 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006, jennyw wrote:
> Just to revive an old topic ... we could replace the pipermail archives
> with something else.  I personally would find it nice to use forum
> software so that message threads would be easier to follow, and so that
> people could potentially post back to the lists (assuming they were
> subscribed or some other way). This would only apply to the lists for
> which archives already exist (not, for example, grrls-only). It should
> also make deleting messages easier.

I think so far everyone has agreed that this sounds like a good idea but
no one has volunteered to be 'it' in terms of testing (or writing) a
forum<->Mailman interface (NNTP would be the way to go).

If anyone is interested in doing this research, by all means volunteer
here and I will add it to the round-ups so we can see whether progress
gets made. Otherwise, I'll stick it in the "good idea, no volunteers
yet" pile.

-Mary