[Actionchix] State of the new website

jennyw jennyw at dangerousideas.com
Tue Jun 27 03:08:49 UTC 2006

Mary Gardiner wrote:
> It's not the HTML files, as I understand it. It's that they're all
> generated from a mailbox copy of that month's mails. I suppose a blank
> mail could be left in that mailbox, but it sounds from Terri's mail like
> there just isn't a deterministic mapping between message number X in the
> mailbox and message number Y in the HTML.

Just to revive an old topic ... we could replace the pipermail archives
with something else.  I personally would find it nice to use forum
software so that message threads would be easier to follow, and so that
people could potentially post back to the lists (assuming they were
subscribed or some other way). This would only apply to the lists for
which archives already exist (not, for example, grrls-only). It should
also make deleting messages easier.

Jen